Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cupcakes Get-Together

10/19/12

Today I made 2 batches of cupcakes (strawberry and yellow) for a get-together, class, and for home. I wanted a variety for the get-together so I thought I'd use up my leftover buttercream & chocolate buttercream frosting that I had. I figured the strawberry and yellow cake would work well with the frostings. 

I piped the buttercream in a swirl motion with a star tip on all cupcakes, then decorated. Here is what I used to decorate the cupcakes: 

Disco Dust-Ruby Red and Clear Gold
Sparkling Sugar-Hot Pink

This is what they looked like once I finished. (I chose 2 flavors because I need 12 for my cupcake class the next day (6 for me and 6 for my sister); I saved 24 for the get-together and whatever was left...for the house. Yum! 

Used Disco Dust-Clear Gold only
Used Disco Dust-Ruby Red and Hot Pink Sugar Sprinkles
   



No comments:

Post a Comment